PhotOrganize for Windows 10
With PhotOrganize you can organize a photo collection such that the subjects of the photos are always recognizable and a selection of photos is easy presentable. The main features are:
- From a selection .jpg / .jpeg photos the saved date / time the picture was taken as stored in the photo by the camera can be changed. This is useful when the photos were taken in a different time zone and you forgot to adjust the camera clock.
- A selection of one or more pictures can be renamed as yyyymmdd hhmmss (= the stored date / time when the picture was taken) + a subject description for the selected items.
- The orientation as captured by modern cameras can can be changed (or completed if it is not completed in the picture) so the picture is displayed correctly portrait or landscape by programs that use this information.
- A presentation of photographs can be made, directly or via a pre-made selection of photos (possibly across multiple folders). These are stored as 'databases' that can be opened to display exactly these images (full screen).
- The most important EXIF data (technical details of the picture) can be displayed
- None of these choices will change anything in the photo data, only relevant properties are adapted.
Actual screen of PhotOrganize
In addition to the date and time the photo was taken, the thumbnail view now also shows the current description (as far as space allows, the complete description is in the tooltips)
New buttons MAX and 5 next to the field where the number of photos to be displayed can be entered. Via the MAX button the maximum number of photos found in the folder is filled in; via the 5 button 5 photos is filled in as the (maximum) to be shown.
With menu selection Photo info, the height is now also shown, provided that the photo is provided with this info from a camera via GPS
New menu selection View selection as slide show. The waiting time between 2 photos can be chosen and photos can also be displayed forward or backward manually during a slide show
New Search button. This displays photos showing (part of) the entered description in photo titles
New menu selection Move selected photos to selected directory and Move selected photos. This is a safe way to delete photos from the folder by temporarily moving them to another folder. With the first choice, the action can be performed repeatedly after the destination folder has been specified just once.
New menu selection Rename photos with which the description of the photo can be changed without changing the date and time a processed photo starts with. In combination with the search option, it is also easy to change a typo in multiple photos.
July 2017First public Store release created June 30, 2017